Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

What Inspired my flag

Bonus Activity: Now it’s time to start your tour! Curious Kiwi decides to start by taking you on a short tour through downtown Auckland. You stop at the Sky Tower, the tallest building in all of New Zealand. When you look up, you see a huge New Zealand flag on the top of the tower. This flag was created back in 1902. That makes the New Zealand flag 115 years old!
H:\Blogging Study\WLJ 2017\New Zealand flag.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_New_Zealand#/media/File:Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg

Last year, the Prime Minister of New Zealand suggested that we should replace the flag with a new, updated design. He invited everyone in New Zealand to come up with their own flag design and submit it.
For this activity, it is your turn to design a new flag. Use any drawing programme that you wish. I would recommend the Flag Designer website. It allows you to create a flag in three easy steps. When you are done, take a screenshot of your flag and post it on your blog. Here is an example:
Source: http://flag-designer.appspot.com
To earn full points you must describe the flag, in words, below the picture. Please tell us what is on the flag and what inspired your design.   

I like my design I like how I have a crowd in the middle  and I love the colours are light and dark colours.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Orana Obeley,

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme. My name is Jacinta and I am looking forward to blogging with you through the school holidays.

    I am so proud to see that you are aware of what happens on the current affairs as you explained the event that took place on replacing the New Zealand flag. I am curious to know, What inspired your design on your flag? I love how you centered the crown and chose these colors to make your flag nice and bold.

    I am so excited to see more of your amazing work. Keep it up because you are going to do great.


    Cheers,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete